Tuesday, June 05, 2007

You Don't Say....Part 3

* "I'm busy but if I wasn't I would be there digging the pitch up" - Jose Mourinho pays tribute to the Stamford Bridge mudpatch.

* "I feel like a badger at the start of the mating season. I don't know if you know anything about badgers, but they have to wait a very long time for the season to start and then they get two weeks to do all their mating. You can imagine what a badger feels like then - even the females can't wait for it! That's how I feel now. I'm absolutely chuffed to bits" - Plymouth boss Ian Holloway puts qualification for the sixth round of the FA Cup in context.

* "It is obviously not our dream to have to go to Blackburn. It's hardly the most fantastic place touristically" - Arsene Wenger

* "Did you used to play for Barcelona? Because that's not Barcelona football" - Cesc Fabregas endears himself to Mark Hughes

* "Cristiano is the only one to have his personal mirror in the dressing room. He spends hours doing his hair and putting on his gel" - Patrice Evra

* "Managers need to cool down, they're all getting stressed for no reason, it's just a game of football. It's not difficult to do, I'm quite a cool dude really" - Roy 'Lebowski' Keane

* "I missed out on signing a Chinese striker in January. You know the guy - Win One Soon" - Paul Jewell

* "Arsenal have great boys. But I wouldn't be sad if a club gives me three, four, five years and tells me, 'You don't need to win. You can lose Premiership after Premiership, and you have three, four, five seasons to build'. I wouldn't be sad" - Jose Mourinho


* "I think Jose should button his lip until the end of the season because he is the last person to start talking about referees. His football club have been involved in so many things with referees over the last couple of years. It seems to me if you contest against Chelsea and they don't get their own way, then something happens either with referees or players threatened or things like that. There is plenty to talk about with Jose and referees and Chelsea and referees. We have a big file" - Sir Alex Ferguson


* "Why should I shut up? He was allowed to talk about referees for the last 20 years of his career? What's the difference between me and him? I don't understand. Why should I shut up? I'm not allowed to talk about referees, but he was allowed to do it for the last 20 years of his career. What would he say if Chelsea win a match with a penalty, like they did at Middlesbrough and Tottenham, or the penalty they got in the first minute against Portsmouth?" - Motormouth Jose

* "You do get stick if you do not win enough games. It is important I shield the players. One thing for sure I have got to go in and pick up 36 players to get ready for Chelsea" - Stuart Pearce, who could have put a team of 36 players out against Chelski and still not won.

* "I don't feel integrated into English life at all. We cannot speak English, we don't know the culture and we are scared of appearing rude. My two children are in nursery and I didn't realise we should take a cake for the rest of the class on their birthday. In China, we don't do things like that" - Sun Jihai

* "Mutu, like a good gypsy, has tried to be slick. Then again, all Romanians are slick, they have it on their DNA" - Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini

* "I don't know why they carry on like that. Maybe some people don't like me. Maybe it is because I am too good for them" - Cristiano Ronaldo

No comments: