Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Martin Jol's 'I Will Survive'

You've probably heard of this evergreen song named 'I Will Survive'. But what is it like to sing it in the perspective of Martin Jol (Lol) whose job is hanging on a thread? Surely he didn't inspire much confidence to the boardroom after that near catastrophic (read: near) performance at White Hart Lane on their 125th anniversary.

Here it is, ripped from somewhere. The Jol's version of 'I Will Survive':


First I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never turn Spurs into a top 4 side
But I spent oh so many nights thinking how Staltari did me wrong
Am I a mong??,
but I'll just have to carry on
and we'll be back, into 5th place
I'll just wait till the transfer window to sign another waste of space
I should have sold Paul Robinson, I should have dropped him from the team
If I had known for just one second he'd concede more goals than DerbyCoun-ty

Go on now go, Bent there's the door
just turn around now, 'cause you don't score goals anymore
weren't you the one we paid so much for, you were dearer than Hen-ry
I knew you'd crumble, I'd rather have Emile Hes-key,,,,
Oh no cause I, I will survive As long as I win the next 6 games I know I will stay alive,
I've got Tainio who is shat, & Huddlestone who's just fat,
but I'll survive
I will survive..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful :o)

Anonymous said...

haha!

cheers mate, that really cheered me up. especially after that abysmal performance.