Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Montse > Rafa

Well, if you're not aware, Montse is Rafa's wife and today, Benitez finally admitted about rejecting Real Madrid's approach publicly and one of the reasons why he turned it down is because of his wife!

He fully commits his future to the club and reiterated his desire to stay at Liverpool for as long as he could because of an exciting future prospect.

"Madrid may be my town, but I am happy here and pleased with everything. We want to stay because of the new ideas and the new owners are very exciting.

"It is so positive for the future. And I could not ignore the noise and support I received from the supporters last week against Eindhoven, it was tremendous and moving. I repeat, I am very happy here.

Rafa also highlighted that there is now, a new mission for him after Liverpool's takeover by George Gillett and Tom Hicks. The two men are obviously pleased with his management and will do whatever they can to keep Rafa.

Rafa though, highlighted a major problem in his life at Liverpool, which is of course the scouse accent.

"I do not like to talk about my family, but they are really happy here at Liverpool and I am prepared to have my daughter with a Scouse accent, even though it is sometimes a problem for me!

And if Rafa really wants to move to Madrid, he'll better be buying a lot of watches for Montse!

1 comment:

cahyo wijanarko said...

what a family man!! btw, it's kind a strange that rafa issued this statement a week before chelsea game in champs league. we know that jose mourinho is also linked with madrid job....