Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Benitez Fires Back At Valdano

We're aware of Jorge Valdano's outburst and criticism of Jose Mourinho and Rafa Benitez. If you haven't read, it's HERE

Today, Benitez fired the missiles back at Valdano. It was aimed that him and him alone as there was no mention of Real Madrid whatsoever. Class.

“The people at this club who are working to obtain the targets we are achieving deserve respect, a deep respect,” said Benitez.

“I believe that he has shown a lack of respect to the club and the fans and the sacred stage of Anfield. Speaking of “sh*t hanging from a stick” and other unfair comparisons show he has absolutely no knowledge of the historical reality of this organisation in world football.

“I have known Jorge Valdano for more than 20 years since my time at Real Madrid and I do not have the best professional concept of him.

“I believe that he has much to thank to people like Ramon Martinez, Cappa or Giráldez, to mention only some examples, of trainers or sporting directors he’s worked like.

“These are people who have made a bigger contribution.

“It infuriates to me that a person who has the privilege of being able to express himself in the media does not do so with honour and education and does not show, I repeat, the minimum respect to an institution like Liverpool, with it’s success and history.”


Boom boom.
RAFA'S GONNA GET YOU!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahahahahaha! I love the picture!

DROGBALLS said...

haha got it at RAWK forum :D