A Brain Teaser, And A Birthday Wish...
Got an email from Cecelia and it's up to her usual self la, sending rubbish mails..just kidding!
So..what do you do if you're in the guy's shoes?
Here you go.....
Haha! Quite funny actually. I was thinking of all logical way of how to escape and when I say the solution, maybe we think too much sometimes. Life is THAT easy, we humans complicate it. Anyway I shall take this chance to wish Cecelia Tan a BLESSED BIRTHDAY AND SWEET 19! Well i really miss those days when we had our mini cell group weekly and share lots of stuff and still nice to see you growing strong in Christ! Shall meet up one day again and have a chat! If you haven't wish her, please do so. Or she'll haunt you.....
Liverpool To Be Blamed For Arsenal's Loss
Okay not really, and NO we're not gonna have a replay of the Champions League Finals match. Barcelona's Cameroonian hit-man, Samuel Eto'o says his team drew their inspiration from Liverpool's superb fightback in last season's Champions League Finals. Liverpool as well all know, were 3-0 down at half time before they rosed from the dead to level the score to 3-3 and beat Milan on penalties finally. So Arsenal, blame Liverpool, not the weather, the referee and th lasagne has nothing to do with it.
Official OPTA Stats Shows....
I'm not at all surprised by the stats that has been released by the official statistic for the Premiership, that Liverpool had a fantastic season of 05/06. Below are a few points to take note:
- Liverpool battled with Manchester United throughout the season for that valuable second place in the table, however, despite eventually having to settle for third spot, The Reds' haul of 82 points is their best-ever points total in The Premiership and a massive improvement of 24 points on least season's total.
- The first five games of the campaign saw Liverpool experience just one victory and interestingly it is this period of the season where The Reds may well have lost the chance to win the title, as if the season had begun in October, then Liverpool, not Chelsea would have finished the campaign as Premiership champions.
- While Liverpool kept four clean sheets in those opening fives games, a defensive parsimony that was to serve them well in the season, their failure to find the net in three of their first four league games gave some cause for concern. The arrival of beanpole striker Peter Crouch from Southampton initially failed to ignite a misfiring forward line. However, by the time the lanky striker had bagged his first top tier goals for the Reds, in early December, Liverpool had started to find the net on a more regular basis.
- Indeed, by the end of the season, the Merseysiders had bagged 57 goals, the fourth-highest tally in the division. While their overall haul of 229 shots attempted topped the season rankings.
- At the other end of the pitch, Liverpool were in outstanding form all season, keeping a Premiership club record 22 clean sheets, including a magnificent run of nine home leagues games in a row without conceding.
- Central to that run was the form of new goalkeeper Jose Reina who needed no time to adjust to The Premiership. The Spanish shot-stopper ended the season with 20 clean sheets to his name, a divisional-high while also posting the best saves to shots ratio of any regular 'keeper (76.4 percent). Overall the Anfield side shipped a total of just 25 league goals in the campaign, the second-lowest figure, after champions Chelsea.
- Throughout the campaign, Benitez was also quick to look to his bench for inspiration, bringing on subs 107 times in The Premiership, a figure only topped by Jose Mourinho. However, the Spaniard's tinkering was rewarded with 10 goals by substitutes, the second-highest tally in the division and three more than gained by his fellow Iberian.
So it's a fantastic season for the Reds. Finished with the European Super Cup, the FA Cup and a HUGE improvement in terms of our form and performance in the Premiership. I'm so looking forward to next season!
Thursday, May 18, 2006
A Brain Teaser, And A Birthday Wish...