Saturday, July 22, 2006

THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THOSE FOOTBALLERS

From F365:

"I not only like to have the TV and light on to help me sleep, but also a vacuum cleaner. Failing that, a fan or a hairdryer will do. I've ruined so many hairdryers by letting them burn out. So far I haven't set fire to anywhere" - Wayne Rooney.


"I'll put my Pepsi cans in the fridge and if there's one too many then I'll put it in another cupboard somewhere. I've got that problem. I'll go into a hotel room. Before I can relax I have to move all the leaflets and all the books and put them in a drawer. Everything has to be perfect" - David Beckham.


"He's got this thing about washing his hands. He washes them, I'm not joking, 15 times a day" - Stevie Gerrard's girlfriend Alex Curran.


"I always pour water down my face in the tunnel before I go out, and I also jump every time I step over the white line. It's not enough to wake me up. I don't even know why I do it" - Rio Ferdinand.


"I've got lots of superstitions. I try to cut them down as I have too many. I wear the same belts, same shoes, same aftershave - I've worn the same aftershave all season...Just stupid things really. If we've been on a winning run of games I won't change my boots. Someone pointed out to me last year that I've worked all my life to be a professional footballer, and yet it comes down to which aftershave I'm wearing as to how well I play!" - Gary Neville.


"When we are at home I always put my boxers at the back of my locker with my ring on top and my watch around my ring. I always warm up with my earring in as well and then after the warm-up I put that in the middle of my ring and then I'm ready to go" - Anton Ferdinand.


"I've got to have the same seat on the bus, tie the tapes round my socks three times and cut my tubular grip for my shin-pads the same size every game. I drive to games listening to the same Usher CD in my car...I always have to park my car in the same spot in the car park" - John Terry.


"I have lucky shin pads. I won the league with Chelsea in them. I left them at home at first, but then I wasn't firing in the friendlies so I got them sent over to Germany. I know superstitions mean nothing and it's all in your head really, but I've got so many it's not true. We'd be here all day talking about them. I never kick the ball in the changing room, I always use the same toilet before the game, there's thousands of them" - Joe Cole.


"I wouldn't call it a ritual but I always put everything on my left first. My socks and my foot in the shorts but that's more about routine I think but you could possibly view that as superstition" - Owen Hargreaves.


"In the warm-up, I would never shoot at the goal because I didn't want to waste a goal. I wanted to save those for the game. I'd always change my shirt in the second half if I hadn't scored in the first, but I'd keep wearing the same shirt if I had scored. If I ever went on a bad run, I'd always get a haircut" - Gary Lineker.

They're humans, after all. :D

And I figured that Becks' future job should be somewhere in the line of a cleaner, or a maid.

No comments: